Sunday, August 1, 2010

amer fort and jaigarh fort

Here I am outside of Jaigarh Fort, which is home to the largest cannon on wheels! It is located on the top of the hill and connected to Amber Fort, which lies at the bottom of the hill. I have yet to make the trek up the hill, hence why I do not look as sweaty....yet.
Here I am after the gruesome climb up. You can see those walkways behind me, we had to walk up that to the top of the hill. Let me tell you, I was wearing chappals, but I wanted my new balances more than anything and rock it with my salwar kameez.
Some more shots up at Jaigarh Fort.
Again at Jaigarh Fort, this was the place they retreated to during wars! It's on top of the Cheel Ka Teela, which means hill of the eagles!
My friend told me that before Aishwarya gets married in Jodhaa Akbar, they are seen to be at the colored circle to my left in the photo, to your right of me. Pretty cool hai na?
I thought Mel would like this picture of me.
See if you can spot me! This is at Amber Fort, at the bottom of the hill! This is where they believed that Akbar's wife is from. Jodhaa was his third wife I believe.
This is called the Sheesha Mahal, or the Palace of Glass because there are tiny mirrors everywhere. They believed that they used to provide light in here by a single candle due to the reflection of the mirrors.
Cheesing.
This picture turned out horrible. I'm not sure why the camera was being a jerk here.
At the entrance of the gate!

So, I finally got to go. I am trying to go to Ajmer soon. Perhaps I will be able to once I get the school stuff worked out.
I'm so excited. Taj Mahal this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
I'm the first in my family to go! I'm sooooooooooooooooooo excited.

Will update again soon with pictures. Enjoy for now!

1 comments:

melaniehussain said...

1. I love the way your hair is in the first picture
2. i love your salwar, you look so cute in it
3. i love love love that picture of you
4. cant believe you went where they filmed jodha akbar
5. i am so excited you are going to the Taj this weekend, you must take a bazillion photos.
love you <3 be safe and have fun

Post a Comment